Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Location: Enterprise Services, Nairobi
To provide basic support to FHI 360’s Kenya Offices staff in maintaining the office: including general cleaning, handling mail and support receptionist services at the switchboard, maintaining orderly appearance and functioning of the reception area. Provides general staff support as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the cleanliness of kitchens and washroom.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the offices in the assigned wing, dusting of all computers components and telephone heads.
- Ensuring the shared areas and offices are well cleaned and all shelves and books are dusted.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of toiletries and regular replenishment washrooms supplies.
- Checks & ensures all windows are secured at close of business.
- Ensure that all general shared areas are tidy, neat and cleaned regularly during the day.
- Handles beverages or other refreshments for staff, during meetings while ensuring the meeting room is cleared thereafter.
- In charge of making sure the printing/documentation/photocopying area is well organized and mail in the pigeon holes is well organized.
- Ensuring the office, store, reception area is clean and remains organized at all times.
- Monitors and ensures adequate supplies for kitchens and replenishment of washroom supplies.
- Handles pick up of consignments as required and ensures timely distribution of mail to staff as required.
- Assist in maintaining stores, issuing stationery and consumables.
- Assist in switchboard operation, directing incoming and outgoing calls as required by caller, determines the nature of the call and decides on appropriate routing.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clear speaking voice, neat and pleasant appearance.
- Good understanding of basic grammar.
- Ability to deal congenially and effectively with people, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to be consistently organized, diplomatic and conscientious.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willing to learn, use and maintain office machines and assume responsibilities as skill increase.
- Willingness and interest in supporting FHI 360’s programs and goals.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate with a minimum of D+
- Certificate in Business Administration with 1-3 years’ relevant experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience with medium-to-large sized international organization will be an added advantage.
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct valid within the year.
- Demonstrated experience with office administrative procedures, standards and equipment e.g. switchboard. Read, write and speak English; fluent language required.
- Knowledge must reflect skills and abilities listed above.